Teaching myself to cook, one recipe at a time.

Friday, December 16, 2011

Canine Feedback: Northwestern Salmon Chowder

I was sitting in my dining room, working on a scrapbook that I’m making as a Christmas gift, when I decided that I wanted to heat up some of my own soup that was stored in the freezer. Choices: northwestern salmon chowder, chicken noodle, or sausage minestrone. It had been a long time since I had the chowder and I honestly couldn’t remember how good (or not) it was, so I went for it.

I blogged about it back in February. In that blog post, I made a comment about the allure that the salmon had for my huskies. I included a picture as evidence.

Well, as I sat here eating my reheated salmon chowder, my big guy was careful not to beg, though drool fell from his lips as he watched me eat. He’d ignored me all morning, but NOW I was interesting. Well, honestly, I wasn’t too into the soup, so with a little bit left, I put the bowl on the floor.

One thing to keep in mind: this dog ignores raw chicken, spits out venison treats, and often chooses not to eat a meal of kibble.

2011-12-16_12-45-16_425

Devoured. I guess I should be feeding him northwestern salmon chowder.

No comments:

Post a Comment