Teaching myself to cook, one recipe at a time.

Saturday, February 18, 2012

Ranch Baked Chicken

Sometimes I work really hard to find a recipe that suits exactly what I want to make or one that incorporates the ingredients that I want to incorporate.

IMG_5378

Other times, I do a google search for two or three ingredients and settle for the first recipe that pops up. In this case, I had an inkling that there is a yummy use for that bottle of ranch that I bought, besides as a salad dressing or dip, so a google search was in order.

First step: Add salt, pepper, and paprika to some bread crumbs. I decided to use a mixture of Italian-seasoned and Panko-style bread crumbs, just for kicks.

IMG_5370

This is what it looked like all mixed up:

IMG_5371

The recipe said to use a cup of ranch dressing. That seemed like a crazy amount, so I just squirted a bunch in a bowl.

IMG_5372

Then I had to add more because I ran out. Go figure.

Anyway, the recipe called for four chicken breasts, but I used three and cut them in half. Better breading to chicken ratio, in my opinion, plus it’s harder to overeat. Dip the chicken in the dressing, then the breadcrumbs, then set in a greased baking dish. Perhaps the one that you bought from the grocery store for $10 the day before Thanksgiving and have subsequently fallen truly in love with.

IMG_5373

And bake! The recipe said an hour and 15 minutes at 375, but I took them out after 40 or 45 and they were perfect.

IMG_5379

PERFECT, I say.

IMG_5381

My pretty red placemats were in the wash, so this picture will have to do. It’s underwhelming, I know, but the meal was yummy. Boxed potatoes au gratin, which p.s. are one of my favorite dishes ever and hubby agrees, and my oven roasted asparagus.

If you’re in need of a quick and easy weeknight dinner, this was it. The chicken was moist and tasted like ranch without having the taste being overwhelming. I don’t think anyone would be too picky to dislike this, unless they just don’t like chicken in general.

No comments:

Post a Comment