Teaching myself to cook, one recipe at a time.

Monday, July 23, 2012

Creamy Italian Dressing

I don’t have a whole lot to say about this recipe

IMG_6647

other than to say that sometimes, I just want to try a different dressing on my salad

IMG_6648

and that sometimes, I prefer to make my own instead of going all the way back to the grocery store

IMG_6649

Even if I do love Wegmans

IMG_6650

so I look up a recipe online

IMG_6651

and gather the necessary ingredients, which may include a lot of mayonnaise and some red wine vinegar

IMG_6652

IMG_6655

some sugar

IMG_6656

some Italian seasoning (makes sense, considering I was making a creamy Italian dressing)

IMG_6657

some garlic powder

IMG_6659

some black pepper

IMG_6661

and some salt (though I forgot to take a picture of it). It was an interesting mixture of things in my food processor

IMG_6664

but it looked more normal after I blended everything up to the point where the onion was smooth

IMG_6665

IMG_6666

IMG_6669

IMG_6670

The reviews all said to wait overnight to taste it, so I didn’t try the dressing until the next day.

IMG_6673

Maybe it’s because I know that this has raw onion and mayonnaise, but I tasted them and I thought that was weird. But I think it’s because I was looking for them. I actually think the dressing is pretty good. It was good enough to serve other people this weekend, and my little brother said he liked it, so I guess that’s good enough for me.

Here’s the recipe. I’ll put it in the recipes tab, as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment