Teaching myself to cook, one recipe at a time.

Saturday, June 11, 2011

Chocolate Peanut-Butter Fondue

One Saturday night, hubby and I had the sudden and urgent need to make chocolate peanut-butter fondue. He was the one who first verbalized it, but once it was out there, there was no going back. It just had to happen. I actually did a lot of searching for a good recipe that incorporated both chocolate and peanut butter. I didn’t find one on allrecipes.com, though there were several that I could have altered. There was one that came in the manual for my fondue pot, but it didn’t look great, either. All I wanted was something that came really, really close to the fondue that we’d gotten once at the Melting Pot. Finally, I found this! It only had two reviews, but the two reviewers were unanimous in their glowing praise of the recipe, both for its simplicity and its deliciousness.

IMG_2379

Basically, it’s melted chocolate (we used the same shredded Ghirardelli chocolate that we’d used the last time I made chocolate fondue), sugar, milk, and peanut butter. I think I substituted half-and-half for the milk, though, and used crunchy peanut butter instead of creamy because that is what I had.

To be completely honest, I was making something fairly complicated for dinner that night and had no intention of blogging the dessert. I viewed it as a treat, not something that I should pour too much effort into. So I didn’t bother taking pictures of the process.

But then I found myself loving the fondue so much that I decided it needed to be shared here. It’s so simple and decadent, so why not? My camera came out at that point. You’ll have to use your imagination for the stove-top preparation.  IMG_2381

For dippers, we had angel food cake, chocolate brownies (apparently you can buy a plastic pan of ready-to-bake dough… these are the things you learn when you send hubby to the grocery store), and fresh strawberries. My favorite is always the strawberries, but everything was just plain delicious. We didn’t get bananas because I think they’re gross, but I suppose they’d be good dippers if you’re into that kind of thing.

If you ever want to earn brownie points with a significant other or impress a special someone, this is the way to go. Promise. <3

Recipe in Tastebook shortly.

No comments:

Post a Comment