Teaching myself to cook, one recipe at a time.

Saturday, June 25, 2011

White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies

Recently, I volunteered to bring a batch of homemade cookies to an event at work. Originally I thought I’d do chocolate chip cookies, but then I just thought, “I’m sick of doing those, I always do those. What else can I do?”

IMG_2734

Also, I just wanted to have something new to blog about.

Flashback to the dining hall in college: they had really, really good cookies. Well, they were really good if you got them fresh, when they were soft and chewy and melted in your mouth. They weren’t so good if they had been left out too long and were hard as a rock, leaving crumbs everywhere and breaking your teeth. My friends and I were very good about reporting to the entire group the current status of the cookie supply so that everyone else could (a) stock up or (b) avoid them, based on whether they were soft or hard that day. The white chocolate macadamia nut ones were the best, in my opinion.

I wanted to make soft ones.

One quick search online and I had my recipe.

First, take some macadamia nuts

IMG_2696

And chop them up. I probably should have used the food processor for this, but I wanted to use my pretty new cutting board.

IMG_2697

Cream some butter and sugar together in a bowl.

IMG_2707

Take an egg…

IMG_2709

And some vanilla extract… (I am proud of this picture, by the way)

IMG_2711

Add them to the butter-sugar mixture and beat until well-blended.

IMG_2713

Mix together some flour, baking soda, and salt.

IMG_2715

Stir the flour mixture into the creamed mixture. The recipe didn’t say to do this gradually, but I did because I always do. Otherwise you’ll get a cloud of flour when you turn on the mixer.

IMG_2719

IMG_2721

Finally, get your hands on some white chocolate chips.

IMG_2724

And stir them into the dough.

IMG_2726

Along with your chopped macadamia nuts.

IMG_2729

Form the dough into balls

IMG_2731

And bake them!

IMG_2732

They seem to have turned out pretty well… and they are mysteriously disappearing from my baking rack!

IMG_2735

Definitely a soft, chewy, sweet success. Recipe in Tastebook soon (click the widget on the right to see).

No comments:

Post a Comment