Teaching myself to cook, one recipe at a time.

Saturday, October 29, 2011

Texting Roundup

I’m not one of those people who wants to impress you with my cooking. I want you to come over and share it with me, or at the least, I want to inspire you to make whatever dish I just attempted and enjoyed. I’ll never keep a recipe secret from you, and I’ll be genuinely happy if you decide to attempt a recipe that I’ve blogged or posted somewhere.

And I LOVE getting picture texts from people who have.

Like a college friend who is raising three beautiful children and has to work around gluten allergies, and somehow still has time to send me pictures of her version of things that I’ve blogged about, like my Grandma Dorothy’s German Potato Salad, or what seems to be modification of my peach crisp (the text itself only said “Mmmmmmmmmm”).

imagejpeg_2_6imagejpeg_2_5

Or my sister-in-law, who sent me a picture of my Home Ec coffee cake, modified for a Bundt pan, which seems like such a classy improvement over my square Pyrex dish. Judging by the fact that almost half was gone by the time she took a picture, her family enjoyed it!

imagejpeg_2_7

Or my other sister-in-law, who is working her way through a bunch of recipes that I gave her and who has shared evidence of her success with twice-baked potatoes and apple crumb pie (both of which I think I need to make again and blog about!).

imagejpeg_2_2

imagejpeg_2

Or my BFF, who shared her first experience with her new Kitchenaid mixer, along with a picture to show that she also has a puppy that understands very well when there is something yummy on the counter.

imagejpeg_2_8

imagejpeg_2_9

Or my brother, who just seems to like to send me pictures of things he enjoys eating in general.

imagejpeg_2_4

imagejpeg_2_3

To all of you, and to those who participate by telling me about things they’ve made or by sending me recipes, thank you. You make this fun.

Also… brief note: hubby and I are giving Nutrisystem another go. I may be posting less frequently until we’re done with it, though I’ll definitely still be posting. I’ve got pictures from a bunch of things that I’ve made and haven’t had time to blog about yet, though, so don’t give up on me just yet. Smile

No comments:

Post a Comment