Teaching myself to cook, one recipe at a time.

Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Pizza Bagels

This meal came about because when I went grocery shopping this weekend, I was more focused on Thanksgiving supplies than stuff for meals this week. In other words, I didn’t have any meat to put in a meal other than a packet of pepperoni that I’d picked up last week because I made the mistake of shopping when hungry.

IMG_8044

I didn’t feel like making pizza dough so I decided to use the bagels that I’d picked up to make a fun dinner.

I started with the two bagels I had left: poppyseed and egg.

IMG_8027

Sliced them each in half.

IMG_8028

And toasted them for a few minutes. I wanted them to crisp up a little bit before putting the sauce on.

IMG_8030

While they were toasting, gathered my other three ingredients: Classico pizza sauce, pepperoni, and cheese. I didn’t have mozzarella, so I used Mexican blend.

IMG_8031

Bagels are toasted!

IMG_8033

Here’s the sauce:

IMG_8034

And the cheese…

IMG_8035

I decided to season them garlic powder…

IMG_8036

And oregano…

IMG_8037

And some crushed red pepper flakes.

IMG_8038

Finally, some pepperoni.

IMG_8041

Pop them in the toaster oven, which I had set to 400, and let them bake for a while.

IMG_8043

Simple as that.

IMG_8045

Not too healthy, of course, but they were damn yummy. Today, that’s all I cared about.

IMG_8046

No comments:

Post a Comment